BDP-2 Digital Player
The Bryston BDP-2 is a dedicated player for high resolution digital audio files. Employing a modified Linux OS optimized to provide the highest quality audio performance, the BDP-2 will play high resolution audio files (up to 192k/24b) from digital storage devices without compromise. The BDP-2 features an improved power supply, custom Intel Atom powered motherboard, additional input options, and eight times more system memory than the BDP-1.
Now included is a new proprietary Integrated Audio Device card created in-house which provides improved performance, integrated output and sound processing, and is powered directly by a high quality linear power supply.
Note: Legacy BDP-2 devices can be retrofitted with the new IAD upgrade kit.
Inputs: 6x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA, 2x Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45)
Outputs: SPDIF (BNC), AES/EBU (XLR)*, USB**
Control: 2x RS-232 (DB9)
Audio Formats: AIFF, FLAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, OGG
- Dedicated high resolution digital audio player
- Playback from USB flash drives, as well as USB and eSATA hard disk drives (HDD)
- Custom Intel Atom Powered Motherboard
- Eight times more system memory then the BDP-1.
- Improved power supply delivering over 5 amps.
- Multiple control options (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, Android OS, and PC)
- User upgradable firmware
- NAS Connectivity supported
- UPnP/DNLA Server supported
- Requires external DAC (see External DAC in Digital Audio)***
- RS-232 serial data port for remote control via Crestron, AMX or similar control systems
* Via the integrated ice1724 Chipset
** Via built in software decoders. USB output requires S1.70 firmware or greater and a DAC that supports standard class 2 USB audio drivers.
*** External DAC required for full 192K/24b performance, but the BDP-1 is also compatible (up to 96K) with the optional DAC modules in BP26, BP6, BP16 and BP17 Preamps, or B60R, B100 and B135 Integrated Amplifiers.